Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sleeping Beagle: Part II

This is a photo from this very morning of the Beagle sleeping comfortably while I work. He has this habit of sleeping in the most comfortable spot and position he can think of. This post is dedicated to that most comfortable position he employs.

I swear he sleeps like this of his own volition. I do not wait until he is deep into his sleep and then roll him onto his back (though that would create the same result).

It can be quite humorous to come home and find him sleeping like this. The photo above represents one of the times when I walked into the house and he was too lazy to even get up from his sleeping nook/cranny to greet me as I entered. How many dogs do not even get up when their owners walk into the house?

Only one that I know of.

Days like this, I know with utmost certainty that I have walked him adequately.

He was evidently walked adequately on this day too. This was directly after several hours of hiking on a mountain trail in the Appalachians. There were a couple of pauses to swim and wade in mountain pools and streams, but there was much walking in between the pauses. The dogs all lounged around while their humans played frisbee barefoot in the grass. It was a very good day.

The dogs got an extra scoop of food after that hike and a chilly night in the tents.

And just to show you that Maximilian does not always sleep in so undignified a manner, here is a photo of what is perhaps his second favorite sleeping position: cuddled and covered up in a blanket with only his eyes peeping out. He usually does need a little help getting set up like this, though I have found him wrapped in a blanket without any external help before.

He sometimes gets a chilly nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment