Friday, June 10, 2011

Sleeping Beagle: Part I

Have I mentioned that Maximilian is passionately devoted to sleeping?

He is.

Also, you should know that he is a dog that understands the value of comfort. And he is often stubborn enough to procure a comfortable state in the way of his choosing.

Not uncommonly, this involves sleeping on some piece of furniture in a way that would be verboten for most pets (and some people).

Let's start out with a mild(ish) example...

Here is Maximilian proudly sleeping on the princess couch of a three year-old. Apparently he is not bothered by the three princesses who have ganged up on him and are peering at him whilst he slumbers peacefully. Beagles know no other way to slumber.

Here he is making himself comfortable amongst the couch pillows. Sometimes he likes to hide his nose while he sleeps. I suspect this is because his nose gets chilly.

Here, his behavior is beginning to morph into a more feline attitude. He has posed himself precariously on the arm of the couch in front of a big window, ready to whip around and alert the occupants of the house of any passersby if he deems it necessary.

Any cat would be jealous of this prime spot. But Maximilian has gotten there first. Again, with handy access to the window in order to best keep his watch on the neighborhood.

And finally, this has become the norm for my own schmushed couch corner. He has made for himself a little nest between the cushion and the back of the couch. A personal little napping nook. Or is it a cranny? I can't really tell. I should ask him.

Some have asserted that he is single-handedly ruining my couch. I am not sure that I have a good argument against that assertion. But I do know that I don't think I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment