Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fields of Gold


In my recent sparrow travels, we came across an endless yellow field.


A field of yellow flowers. A cultivated (grown on purpose) yellow flower crop.


Rapeseed (from whence we get canola oil).


I'm not thrilled about the name, but the actual effect of acres and acres of plants flowering with yellow flowers, spanning a hill up into the sky and back down again is phenomenal.

It looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie. It was nearly too bright to look at directly.

Bees and all manner of pollinating insects buzzed around and around and around. My face and clothes glowed with a tinge of bright yellow.

The sky was as blue as blue can be and the flowers were as yellow as yellow can be. And they were all that I could see. I wanted to lie down and take a nap. And dream of purple elephants and green clouds and ice cream sundays.

But it wasn't a dream. It was real. And I forgot the sun in its jealous sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment