Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tail thumping



My most favorite thing about the Beagle (other than his ears) is when he thumps his tail on the floor as he's sprawled out, relaxed. This is most fetching not when it is in response to my pets or the suggestion of food or a walk but when I simply walk into the room and look at him being peaceful and he looks back. And with the happiness of the most relaxed dog in the world, he thumps his tail on the floor (or the couch or the bed or wherever he happens to be sprawled out at the time).

This tail-thumping says to me: I love you, and I am happy, and I love you, and thanks for feeding me and walking me and brushing me and petting me and giving me treats (and even for bathing me, even though I pretend not to enjoy it) and I love you and you are my favorite in the whole world.

And you mine, Maximilian.

1 comment: